This page is used to post non-SBBA employment opportunities, provided by our members, that are open to all qualified candidates regardless of membership. SBBA is not a point of contact for applicants and does not play a role in hiring decisions. Postings will be listed with the most recent at the top. Interested applicants should confirm position availability prior to submitting applications with the listed employers. Thank you!
HEARING OFFICER ATTORNEYS THE CITY OF SAINT CLOUD is looking for attorneys to preside as hearing officers for the City’s administrative appeal hearings. The City of St. Cloud uses an administrative process as an alternative method of enforcement of the City’s ordinances. Individuals who are issued administrative citations for violations of the City’s ordinances have the opportunity to appeal their citations before a hearing officer at an administrative appeal hearing. Attorneys who agree to preside as hearing officers are added to a list of attorneys who are asked to preside at the hearings as their schedules allow. Administrative appeal hearings tend to be informal hearings that typically last for one to two hours depending on the violation. Attorneys are paid by the City of St. Cloud at an hourly rate for their time on each case. Prior experience in municipal law is preferred. Attorneys interested in presiding as administrative hearing officers should submit a letter of interest along with a resume to Renee Courtney, the St. Cloud City Attorney. Letters and resumes should be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 14, 2022 and should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
POSTED November 6, 2022
ASSOCIATE FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY HELLER & THYEN, P.A. is seeking an Associate Attorney to primarily practice in the area of family law. The Associate Attorney will represent clients in various family law matters including marital dissolutions, asset division, child custody, parenting time, child support, spousal maintenance, and paternity. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who possesses a strong academic background, has courtroom experience, and is able to manage family law cases from start to finish.
Must be licensed to practice law in Minnesota. A minimum of 2 years of family law practice, with courtroom experience, or related legal training is preferred
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Meeting with potential clients to discuss their legal issues and case representation
• Strong interest in family law and ability to empathize with others in difficult situations
• Provide clients with legal support & guidance as well as advise on legal strategies
• Strategizing on how to resolve the clients’ cases in a favorable and cost-effective manner
• Time management skills and ability to manage calendar with many deadlines
• Prepare and draft legal documents on behalf of clients such as pleadings and correspondence in a timely and accurate manner
• Effectively resolve disputes & be proactive by getting ahead of potential problems
• Developing arguments
• Negotiate settlements
• Represent clients in court
• Comply with all legal standards and regulations
• Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law
• Staying informed about current legislation
• Salary commensurate with experience
Heller & Thyen is a multi-practice law firm with practice areas in bankruptcy, personal injury, family law, criminal defense, and employment. Their primary office is located in St. Cloud, MN with satellite offices located in Nisswa and Minneapolis.
For additional information, please contact Heller & Thyen, PA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTED June 14, 2022